Friday 11 May 2012

Top 5 Blogger Items

I've been inspired by the post over at one of my favourite blogs, Fashion Editor at Large, concerning the 'blogger' trend. I've been reading fashion blogs since I was about 14 or 15 and I've always noticed that the world of blogging is quite insular in this sense - trends spread like wildfire within the blogosphere and only ever occasionally leak out. For example, if I ever see Litas in real life, I'm genuinely quite surprised yet it seems virtually everyone has a pair in the blogging world.

Bethan Holt cited what she saw as the top 10 most blogged about items. Here are my five items:

1) Jeffrey Campbell Litas



If I was to pick just one item to reflect blogger trends it would be the coveted Jeffrey Campbell Litas. They've been around for a couple of years now but they're still as popular as ever. I spotted them in the window of Urban Outfitters on Oxford Street as few months ago and I virtually ran in to try them on and true to word, they are ridiculously comfortable.

2) Brothel Creepers





Brothel Creepers have long been the preserve of 1950s Teddy Boys and the alternative Ska/Rockabilly movement. However, now affectionately dubbed 'creepers' they have become a firm blogger favourite, particularly those made by Underground. This is a blogger trend I have seen most frequently out on the streets as well and one I've wholeheartedly embraced with my studded creepers from Ark. I'm going to do a very uncool 'I was there before they were cool' moment now and point to my Office 'Pelvis Creepers' that I bought in 2008. They're stiletto heeled creepers and as you can see, I've worn them to death and they're a bit beaten up and old now as a result. However, admittedly I only bought them then as I'd seen them on various blogs so consider them a vintage blogger trend!

3) Floral Trousers



Floral pants have spread across the blogging world after Mary Katrantzou's crazy floral S/S12 collection. These H&M ones in particular are a popular choice. I've picked them up and put them back many times as I felt they cut off at an odd point but looking at Arabella and Sheree wear them so wonderfully, I'm wishing I had just bought them!

4) UNIF Hellbounds



This is a bandwagon I wish I was on so badly. As soon as I laid eyes on them on UNIF's blog, I knew I had to have them. They're everything I look for in a shoe: clunky and scary high. They've since released them in a variety of colours since and in some respects they are the new 'lita', not for the faint hearted though.

5) Disco Pants



I feel a bit controversial for saying this on a blog but... I don't like American Apparel's Disco Pants. I'm not sure what it is about them, but they are very 1980s in a bad way to me. Also, they just scare me a bit because they're SO tight. I know many people say they nip you in in a good way but I'm just not feeling them (or the price). However, I've seen some bloggers work them amazingly well so each to their own! If I was going to attempt this trend I'd probably opt for the riding pants.

(Image 1: credit / Image 2: credit / Image 3: credit / Image 4: mine / Image 5: mine / Image 6: credit / Image 7: credit / Image 8: credit / Image 9: credit / Image 10: credit / Image 11: credit)

No comments:

Post a Comment