Sunday 5 August 2012

You slept on Waterloo Station at first...

I don't know if I've been listening to The Jam a little too much over the last few weeks or whatever but the upsurge of high street brands covering the trend 'London Calling' has made me so happy. I've been having a bit of a love affair with London ever since I can remember. I love the place, the people and most of all - the style. I was crushed when I didn't get into uni down there (though my bank account probably thanks me).

To me, this trend is an amalgamation of mod and rocker with a bit of punk for good measure! Think masculine tailoring, teddy boys, paisley print, leather jackets, oversized blazers, brothel creepers, brogues, docs (I could go on and on!)

Punks (image credit)


Mods (image credit)
Mod - taken from ASOS

For this one, I would actually recommend steering clear of the Union Jack print and take bits from each trend.








Would be perfect paired with an oversized black blazer and creepers or brogues

I think of Alexa Chung and Agyness Deyn when it comes to the 'London Calling' trend, both are able to do masculine tailoring so well. Though it makes me feel down that Agyness Deyn doesn't really model anymore.. I'll have a Kanye moment and say I'm really happy for you that the acting thing is working out and I'ma let you finish but you were my favourite model of all time *sob*.

(image  credit)
(Image credit)

(Image credit)

No comments:

Post a Comment